APPL Members are existing or emerging 501(c)(3) nonprofits that partner with federal, state and local land management agencies to protect and preserve our nation's parks, forests, refuges and heritage areas. Our members are:
- Cooperating associations developing and retailing interpretive publications and products.
- Friends groups and foundations raising philanthropic funds and advocating for our public lands.
- Educational partners managing field institutes and residential learning programs.
- Nonprofits supporting public land stewardship through volunteer and youth engagement programs.
Click here for a list of our current members.
Together, they generate over $150 million in grants, programs and contributions on more than 500 public lands sites and they serve as a backbone for keeping our nation's special places enjoyable and protected. To learn about our organization's mission, check out our strategic plan and our government relations strategy.
APPL Members receive exciting and valuable benefits:
For a full list of benefits, click here.
Interested in membership? Choose the membership category that best fits your organization:
- Public Lands Partner
Cooperating associations, friends groups, foundations, educational partners and other nonprofits that support public lands and the enrichment of their visitors. Membership dues are based on your organization's adjusted gross revenue minus restricted funds that are not available for operations. Click here for our membership dues chart.
- Emerging Public Lands Partner
Organizations in the process of obtaining 501(c)(3) status or an agency partnership agreement. Membership dues are $100 per year.
- Nonprofit Ally
National organizations that support the public lands community but are not affiliated with a particular park, forest, refuge or other public land. Membrship dues are $1,500 per year.
To be eligible for membership within APPL, your nonprofit organization must have:
- A mission that seeks to preserve our public lands and enrich those who use them
- A formal agreement with one or more public lands agencies (or are in the process of obtaining)
- A 501(c)(3) tax-exempt destination (or are in the process of obtaining)
If you are joining APPL for the first time, you must provide us with verification of both your agreement with a public land agency and IRS designation.
You can also download the membership application and apply by mail.
Have questions about membership? Contact us at email@example.com and a member of our team will get you the answers you need.